tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rick Fincher" <...@tbird.com>
Subject Re: initializing Session state during realm login
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2002 16:23:47 GMT
Hi Tim,

Your main (or index) page is your init page. After a successful login you
can get the username and role from the request object with the
getRemoteUser() and isUserInRole("roleNameString") methods.

If you need more data than that you can try stuffing data into the session
in your login form.  I haven't tried that so I'm not sure if the session at
the login is the same as your program's session.

Rick