tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Joe Laffey <...@laffeycomputer.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat vs JServ
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2001 12:35:58 GMT
On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, [iso-8859-1] Benoît Jacquemont wrote:

> You shouldn't use JServ anymore. Tomcat comes in replacement of JServ. And
> actually, JServ is kind of dead because, as Milt Epstein said, there won't
> be any other development on JServ. So no more enhancement will be made to
> the engine.

I have a jServ box that has run with no problems of any kind for over a
year and a half. To me that says a lot of jServ. Does the latest release
of Tomcat finally support the automatic starting up of Tomcat (not
manual)? What about speed? In some casual tests my jServ system runs
faster than Tomcat. Has anyone done any real benchmarks?

Joe Laffey
LAFFEY Computer Imaging
St. Louis, MO
Need to do multi-file string replacement in Un*x, but don't want to mess
with sed? Try rpl. It's a free text replacement utility with source.
http://www.laffeycomputer.com/rpl.html  -- Check it out!