tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Milt Epstein <mepst...@uiuc.edu>
Subject RE: Tomcat vs JServ
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2001 19:16:48 GMT
On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Chris Ward wrote:

> > JServ is dead code. Don't use it. Tomcat is that same code's
> > successor.
>
> Also, you'll need "mod_jk" to glue Tomcat to Apache.  I only mention
> it because I spent two days finding this out!  Most of that time was
> spent hunting for mod_jserv.  D'oh!
[ ... ]

Actually, you *can* use mod_jserv with Tomcat (3.2.1, at least) --
that's how I have it set up (although it's only semi-intentional :-).

I don't know exactly, but I believe some versions of Tomcat allow
either mod_jserv or mod_jk, some only mod_jk, and some (4.0, I think)
only allow a different one, mod_webapp.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
Software/Systems Development Group
Computing and Communications Services Office (CCSO)
mepstein@uiuc.edu