tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Eric Mosley" <er...@globogift.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat vs JServ
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2001 13:54:35 GMT
> I have a jServ box that has run with no problems of any kind for over a
> year and a half. To me that says a lot of jServ. Does the latest release
> of Tomcat finally support the automatic starting up of Tomcat (not
> manual)? What about speed? In some casual tests my jServ system runs
> faster than Tomcat. Has anyone done any real benchmarks?

Actually this is the essence of what I was enquiring about! I also have an
old JServ machine which has been running for two years with zero problems.
The crucial issue (for me anyway) is which is faster and less memory
intensive for basic servlets (where you would be happy with 2.0 servlet
functionality)...

Anybody!?