tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bernhardt Schmitz" <bschm...@pecos.de>
Subject WG: tomcat 3.2.1 Bug jsp:setProperty Length of Property
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2001 11:57:52 GMT
Hi,

I try to access a Bean named myBean from a JSP:

The following call does not work (compile - Method not found):

 <jsp:setProperty name="userbean" property="summe_datenvole"
value="body_agentur.jsp" />

However, if I extend the name of the property in the tag, shorten it - and
do the same in the bean as well,
it works:

<jsp:setProperty name="userbean" property="summe_datenvole"
value="body_agentur.jsp" />

<jsp:setProperty name="userbean" property="summe_datenvo"
value="body_agentur.jsp" />

My System is Redhat Unix 2.12.12-32 with JDK 1.3.

On the production environment, I have tomcat 3.1 on a sun with JDK 1.2.2,
which worked, but sometimes produces a
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.NullPointerException

causing in the long run an halt of the Java Machin (cannibalizing
environment variables).

Could you please give me some advice?

Thanks a lot and kind regards,

Bernhard