tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Joe Laffey <...@laffeycomputer.com>
Subject Re: Confusing Problem with SQL Query in Tomcat
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2001 13:49:27 GMT
On Mon, 26 Mar 2001, Hunter Hillegas wrote:

> I just tried this again, replacing the ? with a test value and it works so
> the problem is the pst.setString() call.
>
> I know the String I'm passing to setString is valid because I can print it
> to the screen just find...
>
> Is preparedStatement.setString() buggy?

It has always worked fine for me. Try adding some whitespace around your
"?" in the string. I thought I remember encountering a problem when there
were no spaces around the "?". I always add spaces just to be sure.

Joe Laffey
LAFFEY Computer Imaging
St. Louis, MO
Need to do multi-file string replacement in Un*x, but don't want to mess
with sed? Try rpl. It's a free text replacement utility with source.
http://www.laffeycomputer.com/rpl.html  -- Check it out!