tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gustavo Muñoz <gmu...@interware.com.mx>
Subject RE: Problems while configuring Apache-Tomcat on Linux
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2001 05:34:58 GMT
Hi

JServ is an old version. Try mod_jk it is better solution.
My two cents,

Gustavo.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kavita Jotwani [mailto:Kavita.Jotwani@india.techspan.com]
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2001 11:15 PM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Problems while configuring Apache-Tomcat on Linux

For configuring Apache-Tomcat to work together on Linux, I downloaded the
file named mod_jserv_tomcat.so from the www.jakarta.apache.org site and
placed it in the /usr/local/apache/libexec/ directory. The
tomcat-apache.conf that was generated on starting tomcat was also renamed to
tomcat.conf and the same was included in the apache's httpd.conf. I had to
update this tomcat.conf file to change the first line to

"LoadModule jserv_module libexec/mod_jserv_tomcat.so"

instead of

"LoadModule jserv_module libexec/mod_jserv.so"

On restarting tomcat, it works fine. When we restart Apache, it gives the
following error -

[root@linuxwd libexec]# /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start
Syntax error on line 1021 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
API module structure `jserv_module' in file
/usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jserv_tomcat.so is
garbled - perhaps this is not an Apache module DSO?
/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

Can anybody provide assistance in the same? Also, the same thing works fine
for NT. I have tried the same with mod_jserv.dll on NT. It is working fine.

Thanks and regards
Kavita