tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Adilakshmi Lingam" <alin...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: trouble in starting tomcat
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2001 23:11:21 GMT
I've upgraded my jdk to 1.3.0_02. tomcat crashing problem has been solved.

Regarding the jdbc driver, can someone suggest me what kind of a driver I
need to get to support concurrent access. and where I can get it.

Thanks in advance,
Lakshmi

-----Original Message-----
From: Randy Layman [mailto:randy.layman@aswethink.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2001 2:25 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: trouble in starting tomcat

	First, try starting tomcat with bin\tomcat run (note the parameter
run) - this will start in the same window and will keep the error on screen.

	Second, the cause of your crashes is the JDBC-OBDC bridge.  This
component is not thread safe.  As soon as the second concurrent access is
attempted, a crash occurs.  You must either serialize your requests
(completely, you can only have one connection object at a time) or find
another way to access your data.

	Randy