tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Slinn" <msl...@mslinn.com>
Subject JSP Explorer and Tomcat documentation
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2001 01:52:45 GMT
I've been working on some documentation for Tomcat, the open source
reference platform for Java Servlets and Java Server Pages (JSP).  I paused
along the way to create a tool that I call JSP Explorer, and I'm pretty
excited by it!

You can try JSP Explorer for free at http://tomcat.mslinn.com/
JSP Explorer is a useful tool for programmers who use JSP and/or Java to
develop program fragments, and for Java students to learn by playing with
example programs.  JSP Explorer differs from traditional IDEs (Integrated
Development Environments) in that it is a web application, and runs from a
web browser.  This allows for some interesting applications, such as
creating online programming manuals and 'live' API documentation that can be
clicked on.  Sample program fragments can be 'brought to life' and run so
that the reader can experiment with the code presented.
I'd love to receive feedback on JSP Explorer!  Let me know what you think.
Can you see how you might be able to use this tool?

Mike

---
Michael Slinn  tel: 1-650-571-8436  eFax:  1-413- 581-2104
mslinn.com, inc.
4230 Wooster Ave, San Mateo, CA  94403-5051
http://www.mslinn.com