tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Partha Bhattacharjee <part...@trisoft.net>
Subject RE: Desperate with java.lang.VerifyError
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2001 13:42:33 GMT
I think that is a prob. with the tomcat. I suggest u install it again

-----Original Message-----
From: jdevora@mail.com [mailto:jdevora@mail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2001 11:57 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Desperate with java.lang.VerifyError

 Hi everybody.

 I am getting all the time a very estrange error that is driven me mad...

 Just after call a Servlet I get the error:

Error: 500
Location: /sharewatch/ShareWatch
Internal Servlet Error:

java.lang.VerifyError: (class: com/saadian/sharewatch/utils/Screen, method:
showPage signature:
(Ljava/util/Hashtable;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/io/PrintWriter;Ljava/util/Prop
erties;)V) Incompatible object argument for function call
        at
com.saadian.sharewatch.userHandlers.Login.processRequest(Login.java:83)
        at ShareWatch.doPost(ShareWatch.java:88)
        at ShareWatch.doGet(ShareWatch.java:39)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:404)
        at
        at
7)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
        at
onnectionHandler.java:210)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

The showPage method is defined as:
    public static void showPage(Hashtable wmHash,String pageName,PrintWriter
out,Properties p)

And the code in the line Login.java:83 is
      Hashtable wmTable = new Hashtable();
      wmTable.put("message","Login incorrect: Try again.");
      try {
        Properties prop = ShareLoader.getInstance().getProperties();
        PrintWriter pw = res.getWriter();
        Screen.showPage(wmTable,"logon",pw,prop);
      } catch (IOException e){
        cat.error("Displaying the login page:",e);
      }

 It works if I execute the code directly from JBuilder, but from
 outside I get always this error.

  I´m using Tomcat 3.2.? (the last stable version) and JDK 1.3.2,
  compiling with JBuilder 4 Fundation and directly with an Ant
  build.xml,   I tried as well with JDK 1.2.2_07 with the same result.

  Knows anybody what is happen?

  Knows anybody how increase the verbosity of the VM for know more
  about the error message?

  Exists any tool that checks the bytecode?

  Anyway, thanks for your help.

  JD Evora.

------------------------DISCLAIMER--------------------------.
The contents of this E-mail (including the contents of the enclosure/(s) or
attachment/(s) if any) are privileged and confidential material of Trisoft
Systems Private Limited and should not be disclosed to, used by or copied in
any manner by anyone other than the intended addressee/(s). If this E-mail
(including the enclosure/(s) or attachment/(s)if any ) has been received in
error, please advise the sender immediately and delete it from your system.
The views expressed in this E-mail message (including the enclosure/(s)or
attachment/(s) if any) are those of the individual sender, except where the
sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of Trisoft
Systems Private Limited.