tomcat-users mailing list archives

From SEEMANTINI GODBOLE <SEEMANTINI.GODB...@getthere.com>
Subject RE: IP changes to domain name in URL
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2001 22:18:35 GMT
By any chance do you have two
<Context path=
tags in your server.xml, one pointing to name and other to address?
I had a similar problem....

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Shade [mailto:cshade@indigio.com]
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2001 4:09 PM
To: Tomcat-User Mailing List
Subject: IP changes to domain name in URL

Hi,
We're using Apache/Tomcat 3.2.1 and a login.jsp page...When we use the
IP address in the URL, and we try to log in, the URL changes to our IP
name and our "user not found" page appears.  It is a relative URL, so it
appears that Apache or Tomcat is changing our IP address to our IP name
in the URL, and we're losing the session that was created initially with
the IP address.  Does anyone know what's happening or how to fix it so
that we can use the IP address in the URL?
Thanks,
...Christopher in Denver