tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Burgess, Jay" <jburg...@digarch.com>
Subject RE: tomcat with iis
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2001 14:34:47 GMT
I don't know how different a WIN2000 install is from a WINNT install, but
here are the instructions I created for our team to install on WINNT.
They're based on the Gal Shacor's document, but call out only the things I
did that got it to work.  Maybe you can glean something from them that will
help you with your problem.

Jay

To configure the ISAPI Redirector:

Start the Registry Editor and create a new key named:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi
Redirector\1.0

Add the following "String" values to the key:

name: extension_uri, value: /jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll.
name: log_file, value: <tomcat_root>\logs\isapi.log
name: log_level, value: error (can be debug, info, error or emerg)
name: worker_file, value: <tomcat_root>\conf\workers.properties
name: worker_mount_file, value: <tomcat_root>\conf\uriworkermap.properties

Exit the Registry Editor.

Make sure the following values are correctly set in
<tomcat_root>\conf\workers.properties:

   workers.tomcat_home
   workers.java_home
   ps

Start the IIS Internet Service Manager console, and
add a new virtual directory to your web site. The name
of the virtual directory should be "jakarta", its physical
path should be the directory "<tomcat_root>/bin/win32/i386",
and it should be assigned the following permissions:

   Allow Read access
   Allow Script access
   Allow Execute access (includes Script Access)

Using the IIS management console, add a new filter for
your web site. Starting by displaying the Properties
dialog for your web site.  Select the ISAPI Filters tab,
and add a new filter as follows:

   Name: jakarta
   Executable: <tomcat_root>\bin\win32\i386\isapi_redirect.dll

Stop and then re-start the IIS Admin Service.  Make sure
that the jakarta filter is marked with a green up-pointing arrow.

To test, start both the web server and Tomcat, then ask IIS
to serve you the /examples context.  For example, ask for
http://localhost/examples/jsp/index.html and execute some
of the JSP examples.