tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Kirk <Christopher.K...@gtl.com>
Subject RE: HttpSession expires !!!
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2001 12:29:22 GMT

There is a solution built into the Servlet standard. Take a look at the
javax.servlets.http package.  There is an interfacecalled
HttpSessionBindingEvent, just implement this interface on the session
object.. by doing this the object will be notified when it is put into the
session, and when it is taken out.

fyi when a session is expired all of the objects in the session will be
removed, hence triggering the methods on HttpSessionBindingEvent.

- Chris.

Brainbench MVP Java2.

This e-mail is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. It
may contain confidential or privileged information and if you are
not the intended addressee you are not  authorised  to  disclose,
copy, distribute or place any reliance on it  whatsoever  and  we
request that you inform the sender on  +44 1223 705000  that  you
have received this e-mail. Any attachment(s) to this message  has
been checked for viruses, but  please  rely  on  your  own  virus
checker and procedures. If you contact  us  by  e-mail,  we  will
store your name and address to facilitate communications.