tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steven Oglesby <steven.ogle...@coexis.com>
Subject URL rewriting problem using Tomcat 3.2.1 and IIS
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2001 10:21:58 GMT
Hi,
	I have just swapped over from using Suns JavaWebServer 2.0 to IIS
(not my choice!) and since I am using servlets I am trying to use Tomcat
(release 3.2.1) as an external servlet engine. I've got this basically
working except for URL encoding. This worked fine under JavaWebServer so I
guess the problem is somewhere in my Tomcat or IIS setup.

	The basic problem is that the encoded URL is exactly the same as the
original i.e. the session id has not been added.

	Unfortunately the Faq-o-matic seems to be dead, so I've been looking
in the history of the mail lists and other people seem to be experiencing
similar problems with an Apache/Tomcat setup, but I cannot seem to find
response with a fix.

	I've changed the SessionInterceptor in the server.xml to have
noCookies="true", but no help there. Otherwise the IIS/Tomcat setup is just
that described in the tomcat-iis-howto.html.

Any help greatly appreciated,
	Steven.