tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kief Morris <k...@kief.com>
Subject Re: SSL--Session Expiry
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2001 18:19:32 GMT
Seshagiri Dev Kurmana typed the following on 03:59 PM 3/21/2001 +0530
> My environment is WinNT, Tomcat3.2, jsse1.0.2.Everything is working fine with cookie
enabled browsers.But when I disable cookies in the browsers the session id is changing  and
consequently the original session is becoming null.
>I tried to do some jugglery with response.sendRedirect(myUrl),<jsp:forward page="<%=myUrl%>"/>
after encoding the url.
>But I'm unable to find a solution.

First of all: *Please* do not use HTML in your emails to this list.

Second: Does the encoded URL in the HTML output of your JSP page
contain the session ID? Are you sending a user from a http session to
an https session with this link? If so, I believe later releases of Tomcat
(3.2.1 perhaps) fix this so sessions are maintained across http & https.

Kief