tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Smith <mfsm...@erols.com>
Subject Re: NullPointerException
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2001 01:06:21 GMT
Bryan--

A NullpointerException is about the most common error message you can get in
Java--right up there will classpath problems ("class not found.")  <g>  Basic
problem is you're not providing enough info for people to help.

That said, if you are trying to access variables in the request object, it's easy
to get the nullpointer exception if the parameter isn't there (not provided by the
form or URL.)  Basically, you have to test each one for x.equals(null) before
proceeding.

A shot in th dark, but at least a reply, right?  <g>

mfs