tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andy C" <acob...@computing.dundee.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Tomcat-Startup in windows
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2001 09:07:02 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "venkatesan" <gv@aitpl.stpn.soft.net>
To: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>; <shlomi@visualtop.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2001 8:53 AM
Subject: Re: Tomcat-Startup in windows

> Hi shlomi sarfati,
>     I tried but server is not starting while i started the system.

I have the same problem to a extent.  When my server NT2000 server
is restarted I must stop apache, Stop Tomcat, start tomcat, start apache.
Apache and tomcat are running as services.

I think the clue (and I'm still working on an implementation) is that the
apache
service needs to be told that it is dependent on the tomcat service.  Under
NT 2000 this is "Dependencies" tag under the service properties.  I'm
still trying to work out how  to control these dependencies though as there
does not appear to be an "Add" button on the dialog box !

Andy C
Editor R2 project
http://www.r2-dvd.org