tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark W. Webb <markw...@adelphia.net>
Subject Re: Tomcat SSL context or directory
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2001 12:43:19 GMT
here are a few notes on where I am.

1. I have noticed that in the conf/jni_server.xml file, I have an entry that
points to a file c:/jakarta-tomcat/bin/win32/i386/jni_connect.dll.  I am
running in linux, do this obviously is no good. I cannot find a linux
equivalent to this file.  The contect of this file in the jni_server.xml file
is :

<!-- JNI connector, make sure that you update the native_lib
             Parameter to point to your jni_connect.dll
         -->
        <Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.JNIEndpointConnector">
            <Parameter name="native_lib"
                value="c:/jakarta-tomcat/bin/win32/i386/jni_connect.dll"/>
        </Connector>

2.  shoud each directory or servlet/jsp be a context?  I see that when I
startup tomcat, some servlets are loaded as contexts.

3.  Here is s line from my /var/log/httpd/error_log file that I don't
understand:

[Mon Mar 19 07:39:14 2001] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist:
/usr/local/bin/tomcat/webapps/examples/HelloWorldExample

when I do a ls -l
/usr/local/bin/tomcat/webapps/examples/HelloWorldExample.class, it says that
the file is there.  And examples is a context:

2001-03-19 07:36:01 - ContextManager: Adding context Ctx( /examples )

so does anyone have any ideas as to what I am doing wrong.

PS, html files load find in SSL mode from apache.

....thanks for the help !!