tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brett Knights" <br...@knightsofthenet.com>
Subject RE: IE caching again
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2001 14:21:01 GMT

> I think that the caching settings on IE only affect files
> written to disk.

You might try including something like this in the head section of the page's html:

It shouldn't make any difference if you've set the equivalent headers but 'should' and 'ie'
don't really go together that well
anyway.

> There appears to be a memory-only cache which stores the very
> latest stuff
> which is not affected.  This is what causes the problem, as
> clearly it will
> contain whatever was the last page so pressing back shows the
> page without
> doing a HEAD request.  It only does this for GET requests, so
> one way is to
> use POSTS throughout...

Do you know of any way to avoid the "Do you want to resubmit the form information" dialog
in IE when you do this?