From Matthew Broadhead <matthew.broadh...@nbmlaw.co.uk>
Subject Re: xalan usage in taglibs
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2017 13:27:00 GMT
is there any way that i can get the correct xalan at runtime?

to recap this is the code that is blowing up for me:
Reader xsl = new InputStreamReader(filepath.openStream());
TransformerFactory transformerfactory = TransformerFactory.newInstance();
StreamSource ssXsl = new StreamSource(xsl);
ssXsl.setSystemId(filepath.toExternalForm());
Templates templates = transformerfactory.newTemplates(ssXsl);
Transformer transformer = templates.newTransformer();

last line causes:
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.DTMManagerDefault
cannot be cast to org.apache.xml.dtm.DTMManager
     at org.apache.xml.dtm.DTMManager.newInstance(DTMManager.java:137)
     at org.apache.xpath.XPathContext.<init>(XPathContext.java:102)
     at org.apache.xpath.XPathContext.<init>(XPathContext.java:349)
     at org.apache.xpath.XPathContext.<init>(XPathContext.java:337)
     at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.<init>(TransformerImpl.java:397)
     at
org.apache.xalan.templates.StylesheetRoot.newTransformer(StylesheetRoot.java:200)

maybe you know some way to find the Impl with the correct DTMManager?

On 30/11/2017 17:30, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
>>> On Nov 30, 2017, at 3:14 AM, Matthew Broadhead <matthew.broadhead@nbmlaw.co.uk>
wrote:

>>> has anything been decided?  if i try to redeploy a context in production all
my xslt processors blow up.  there should be a solution that fits all?
>> Taglibs (both Apache and Glassfish) has always had a dependency on Xalan. My understanding
is that TomEE did not include it and so broke users that use the XML tags. If so, TomEE should
fix that.
> Sadly this is not a bug on tomee but the best solution we went through
> after having delivered xalan for some releases. Xalan dependency
> breaks 80% of apps so no way to include it - and this is the issue of
> Matthew. Note it also affects simple apps in tomcat including taglib
> and other libs.
>
>> You can probably add Xalan to your TomEE installation somehow to work around it but
how to do that is really a question for the TomEE users list.

>> A patch for Taglibs that removes the Xalan dependency and doesn't regress the #27717
performance fix would be great. A patch that removed the dependency but regressed performance
would have to be evaluated at the time. The previous decision was not to do that.