From "Kralidis,Tom [Burlington]" <Tom.Krali...@ec.gc.ca>
Subject dumping XML document
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 19:54:11 GMT

Hi,

Using tomcat 6.0.0, I am using the following fragment to fetch a remote
XML document:

<c:catch var="caught">
 <c:import url="${param.url}" varReader="xmlSource">
  <x:parse var="doc" xml="${xmlSource}" scope="page" />
 </c:import>
</c:catch>

Using <x:out select="$doc/....."/> allows for fetching of values of
elements / attributes as expected.  I have encountered a situation where
I would like to fetch and store the entire document in a database.

Trying <x:out select"$doc"/> outputs the entire XML document without the
element names, etc. (i.e. only the content within the elements /
attributes).

Any idea on what's the best way to achieve this?

Thanks

..Tom

Tom Kralidis
Senior Systems Scientist