From Stephen Souness <sou...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: fmt:formatNumber not formatting on first page load
Date Sat, 04 Feb 2006 03:11:54 GMT
Looks like I posted too soon.

Re-starting Tomcat on the Linux server, and then reloading the page
containing the JSTL produces our old friend the conspicuously
non-formatted number.

Here's a snippet from my server.xml, in case anyone can find a glaring
issue to explain what I have been observing:

<Host name="www.mystuffgoeshere.com" debug="9"
     appBase="/usr/local/webapps"
     unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true" xmlValidation="false"
     xmlNamespaceAware="false" reloadable="true"
     tcpListenAddress="192.168.1.77">
        <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
          driverName="net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver"
          connectionName="NotTelling"
          connectionPassword="ASecret"
          connectionURL="jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://127.0.0.1/NotTelling
          userTable="LOGIN" userNameCol="USERNAME"
          userCredCol="PASSWORD"
          userRoleTable="LOGIN" roleNameCol="ROLE"/>
</Host>

Other aspects of my application:
- Using Tomcat's built-in security (hence JDBC Realm defined above)
- Using Struts 1.2.8
- Using Tiles

--
Stephen