From Morgan Delagrange <mdela...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Newbie problems with JDBC taglib
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2001 22:18:48 GMT

http://www.caucho.com/products/resin/javadoc/javax/servlet/jsp/tagext/TagData.html

http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/2.2/javadoc/javax/servlet/jsp/tagext/TagData.html

> Solution: if you're familiar enough with Servlets
> and
> tag libraries, you could download the current CVS,
> remove the isValid() method from the BaseGetterTEI
> class, and build your own version of the tag.  Just
> keep an eye on your usage, since that method
> performs
> valuable validation of the "colName" and "position"
> attributes of the getter tags.
> [snip]

Strike that solution!  I changed the source for the
tag library to use the "getAttribute(String)" method
instead, which seems to be supported by Resin.  Now
you should be able to use the getter tags from
tonight's nightly build.  Please note, however, that
if Resin does not support the full Servlet 2.2 API,
you may run into more problems with this and other
Jakarta tag libraries.

- Morgan

=====
Morgan Delagrange