From "Ward, Jeff" <jw...@BenefitPoint.com>
Subject RE: Error 500 Messages
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2001 22:50:47 GMT
Howdy!
  You have some problems with how you are registering your taglib, how you
are using it and how you have built the web-app. First off try changing the
taglib line in the web-xml to this:
  <taglib>
    <taglib-uri>dbtaglib</taglib-uri>
    <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/tlds/dbtaglib.tld</taglib-location>
  </taglib>

Next, in the jsp page reference the taglib like this:
<%@ taglib uri="dbtaglib" prefix="sys" %>

Finally, you put the WEB-INF under a directory called engsys/sys /WEB-INF.
Unless you have manually set the location of the web-app to be engsys/sys
tomcat will have mounted engsys as the web-app and will not see your
WEB-INF/web.xml (or any of the tlds etc). try moving the WEB-INF directory
to engsys/WEB-INF. This would explain why Tomcat couldn't see:
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/tlds/dbtaglib.tld" prefix="sys" %>
It would need a line like:
<%@ taglib uri="/sys/WEB-INF/tlds/dbtaglib.tld" prefix="sys" %> to find the
TLD.