tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Igal Sapir <isa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.26
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2019 18:46:53 GMT
On 9/16/2019 9:15 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
> The proposed Apache Tomcat 9.0.26 release is now available for voting.
>
> The major changes compared to the 9.0.24 release are:
>
> - Update to Commons Daemon 1.2.1 to pick up fixes for regressions in
>    Commons Daemon 1.2.0, most notably a failure to start when using
>    a 32-bit JVM on Windows.
>
> - Avoid an NPE when accessing an https port using http.
>
> - Correct the invalid automatic module names for the embedded JARs.
>
> - Fix a potential hang when using HTTP/2 with the asynchronous Servlet
>    API.
>
> <snip/>
>
> The proposed 9.0.26 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [X] Stable - go ahead and release as 9.0.26

Tested with Ubuntu and Windows.

On Windows I received an error on
org.apache.catalina.core.TestAsyncContextImpl which tests bug 50753.  I
think it is a fluke in the test case though.  Details below [1].

Igal

[1] Testsuite: org.apache.catalina.core.TestAsyncContextImpl
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0 sec

Testcase: testBug50753 took 0.004 sec
	Caused an ERROR
Forked Java VM exited abnormally. Please note the time in the report does not reflect the
time until the VM exit.
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Forked Java VM exited abnormally. Please note the time
in the report does not reflect the time until the VM exit.
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)