tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Missing git commit emails
Date Thu, 02 May 2019 09:05:00 GMT
Am 30.04.2019 um 12:07 schrieb Mark Thomas:
> On 30/04/2019 09:17, Rainer Jung wrote:
>> What could we do to avoid those summary emails, more precisely to
>> reliably get the detail emails? Currently a review via email often is
>> not possible due to the missing detail emails.
>
> I think it is related to pushing multiple commits at once.
>
> Best bet is to engage with the infra team.

Done that. Infra knew about it [1] and was already investigating with
GitHub on how to fix it.

One fix to an ASF script was applied yesterday [2] and Sebb also
recommends to only use Gitbox not Github to pull/push [3]. So if the
applied fix actualy fixes the problem, we are good, if not, we could try
switching individually to GitBox. I myself was only using GitBox,
because without reason I was assuming it to be more authoritative.

Regards,

Rainer

[2]
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=infrastructure-puppet.git;a=commitdiff;h=a5884ae;hp=2802a7b01d15345531dcfea4c2716573357fcf89