tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rémy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Extras
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2019 17:10:40 GMT
Hi,

So I'm looking at random small items as possible cleanups and ... The
extras came up.

At some point (15 years ago) the idea was to have a smaller JAR and avoid
bloat, but right now I don't see the point of keeping them out of the
regular catalina.jar (and thus reduce the complexity of the build a bit):
- a listener to configure JMX remote (possibly not as useless as it sounds
for cloud stuff even though they like their Jolokia since it's json)
- some webservices naming factory (ok, so I guess it's not very useful, but
only +15kB or so)

Did I miss something ?

Rémy