tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rémy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New design for the Tomcat website
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2019 16:23:28 GMT
On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 2:59 AM Igal Sapir <isapir@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Tomcat team,
>
> I am working on a new design for the Tomcat website and wanted some
> preliminary feedback.
>
> You can see the first mockup at
> http://people.apache.org/~isapir/mockups/tomcat-site-1/
>
> Please let me know your thoughts.

It's a start, but the bottom of the page looks less polished to me. The ASF
logo should probably be on top as well as the "misc" items. I also miss the
current menu, but it's really a trend I guess :( So a compromise would be
if all items are in menus always visible at the top.

I'm not really in a rush to have the site replaced though since then the
new look would have to be propagated to everything (docs, manager, etc),
which means more work.

Rémy