tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Extras
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2019 13:53:04 GMT
Am 10.01.2019 um 13:16 schrieb Rémy Maucherat:
> On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 1:09 PM Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> There is the possibility that an alternative logging JAR could return.
>> https://markmail.org/message/gdmffcyporhcmqge
>>
>> Whether that needs an optional / alternative JAR or whether it could be
>> handled via configuration is TBD.
>>

> Ok, so I'm not doing anything immediately but I'll put my patch in a BZ
> instead. It does remove a chunk of build.xml, which is good.

In the meantime Log4J2 (I think starting with 2.10.0) added the artefact
log4j-appserver.jar and support for an additional config file
log4j2-tomcat.xml:

https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/log4j-appserver/index.html

That allows for clean integration, so I currently do no longer see a
need for an alternative JULI jar.

Regards,

Rainer