tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Woonsan Ko <woon...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Specifying a URL for the docBase
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2018 02:31:13 GMT
On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 11:49 PM Rémy Maucherat <remm@apache.org> wrote:
<snip>
> I have nothing against adding the feature (as long as I'm not doing it),
> but for the "microservice" cloud design, I would expect "small" (haha) self
> contained reproduceable images. If you pull the application from somewhere
> at runtime, then it's whatever micro or not and it can evolve,

That's an interesting idea for the scenarios of the "(b) deploying a
docker image ..." kind.

> I added a package tool recently for images:
> https://github.com/apache/tomcat/tree/trunk/res/tomcat-maven

Suppose a docker image from the project is available and I inherit
from it in my custom docker image just by attaching some wars
somehow--pulling online or reading from an attached volume.
Then can I simply change the command line args? Is that a correct assumption?

Regards,

Woonsan