tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Coty Sutherland <csuth...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Deploying JK Site Docs
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2018 18:18:50 GMT
Thanks!

On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 12:22 PM Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:

> On 14/12/2018 17:16, Coty Sutherland wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I made a bunch of changes to the JK site yesterday so that it uses the
> > updated Tomcat site's stylesheets to unify the UI between the two project
> > sites.
>
> A very welcome change.

I noticed it was older and thought it would be pretty quick/easy to
update...I proved myself wrong on that one :)

> > Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to deploy it. The
> > HOWTO-RELEASE.txt doc says to copy the build/docs output
> > to people.apache.org:/x1/www/tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc, but that
> > doesn't seem to exist anymore? Can anyone help me deploy these changes?
> Or
> > should I revert them and leave it be haha
>
> That is VERY out of date.

Should that text file be removed? I haven't tried any of the other stuff,
but the docs in JK are way outdated in a lot of places (i.e. refs to httpd
1.3 and Windows 98).

> Try these instructions:
> https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/site/trunk/README.txt?view=markup

That worked. After pushing I notice that I broke the links in the navbar,
so fixing that now.