tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: SSL Unit Tests Failing
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2018 06:34:09 GMT
Am 05.10.2018 um 00:03 schrieb Igal Sapir:> And with tcnative I get:

> 04-Oct-2018 14:52:14.231 INFO [main]
> org.apache.catalina.startup.LoggingBaseTest.setUp Starting test case
> [testOpenSSLConfCmdCipher]
> 04-Oct-2018 14:52:14.434 INFO [main]
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.openssl.TestOpenSSLConf.testOpenSSLConfCmdCipher
> Found OpenSSL version 0x100020ff
>
> Which makes much more sense.  Is there a reason that the OpenSSL version
> is printed in Hex?

I haven't checked what other version data (eg. string based) is
available for all supported versions, and would make more sense.
Typically what we call OPENSSL_VERSION is used in the code for version
dependent code. If that variable is the one we continue to use as info
output, its hex representation is the closest to the string
representation of the version:

0x100020ff
=
   1.0.2 + patch-Letter

This is true for all major OpenSSL versions.

Regards,

Rainer