tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Igal Sapir <isa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SSL Unit Tests Failing
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2018 22:03:15 GMT
On 10/4/2018 2:21 PM, Igal Sapir wrote:

>> <snip/>
>>> On the Linux box I have OpenSSL installed and on the PATH.  On
>>> Windows I
>>> used version OpenSSL 1.1.1  11 Sep 2018 and specified it via the
>>> `test.openssl.path` property.  I checked the value of
>>> `test.openssl.exists` and it showed the expected `true`.  Both Windows
>>> and Fedora generated an output file for
>>> test/org/apache/tomcat/util/net/openssl/TestOpenSSLConf.java [1]. Both,
>>> however, reported "Found OpenSSL version 0x0" which I find strange?
>> That does seem odd. I suspect either the wrong OpenSSL version or no
>> OpenSSL version was found.
>
> Gump was also showing "version 0x0" [1].
>
> System.load() [2] was throwing an error that an absolute path is
> expected, but that error was ignored at [3] so we didn't see it. I
> added a warning to the log in r1842849 [4].
>
> Igal

OK, so now without tcnative in the bin directory I get:

04-Oct-2018 14:33:24.483 INFO [main]
org.apache.catalina.startup.LoggingBaseTest.setUp Starting test case
[testOpenSSLConfCmdCipher]
04-Oct-2018 14:33:24.823 WARNING [main]
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.openssl.TestOpenSSLConf.testOpenSSLConfCmdCipher
OpenSSL not found: Can't load library:
e:\Workspace\git\tomcat\bin\tcnative-1.dll, Can't load library:
e:\Workspace\git\tomcat\bin\libtcnative-1.dll, no tcnative-1 in
java.library.path, no libtcnative-1 in java.library.path

And with tcnative I get:

04-Oct-2018 14:52:14.231 INFO [main]
org.apache.catalina.startup.LoggingBaseTest.setUp Starting test case
[testOpenSSLConfCmdCipher]
04-Oct-2018 14:52:14.434 INFO [main]
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.openssl.TestOpenSSLConf.testOpenSSLConfCmdCipher
Found OpenSSL version 0x100020ff

Which makes much more sense.  Is there a reason that the OpenSSL version
is printed in Hex?

Igal