tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Igal Sapir <isa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1842657 - in /tomcat/trunk/test/org/apache: catalina/startup/TomcatBaseTest.java catalina/webresources/TestAbstractArchiveResource.java catalina/webresources/TestFileResource.java coyote/http2/Http2TestBase.java
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2018 22:03:26 GMT
Hi Rainer,

On 10/2/2018 2:54 PM, Rainer Jung wrote:
> Hi Igal,
>
> Am 02.10.2018 um 23:39 schrieb isapir@apache.org:
>> Author: isapir
>> Date: Tue Oct  2 21:39:57 2018
>> New Revision: 1842657

>> Log:
>> Fixed test cases that errored due to path case sentsitivity on Windows
>
> I looked at our compat classes an hour ago for totally different
> reasons, but I noticed something you might want to use:
>
> import org.apache.tomcat.util.compat.JrePlatform;
>
>         if (JrePlatform.IS_WINDOWS) ...

Thanks for pointing that out.  I was trying to find out how it was done
elsewhere in the code and saw

     System.getProperty("os.name").startsWith("Windows"));

at
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/trunk/test/org/apache/coyote/http2/Http2TestBase.java?r1=1842657&r2=1842656&pathrev=1842657

So I based my patch on that.  I will update my patch according to your
feedback, which is a much cleaner solution.

Thanks,

Igal