tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Refactoring and Cleanup of OS Name property usage
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2018 19:05:55 GMT
On 03/10/18 19:23, Igal Sapir wrote:
> On 10/3/2018 4:41 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:

<snip/>

>> That one I do think makes sense to pull into JrePlatform.
>
> I have moved [4] above in r1842748.  I used the existing convention in
> the file of setting the string to a static variable, i.e.
>
>      private static final String OS_NAME_WINDOWS_PREFIX = "Windows";
> +    private static final String OS_NAME_MAC_OS_LC_PREFIX = "mac os x";
>

> though I personally think that it would make sense to inline it since
> it's only used once.

It would also mean fewer lines of code - always a winner in my book ;)

To be honest, I have no strong feelings one way or the other. It is a
style choice more than anything else in this case. It isn't an itch I
want to scratch but equally I'm not going to object if you want to make
that change.

Mark