tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Huxing Zhang" <huxing....@alibaba-inc.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Deprecate and eventually remove the o.a.c.servlet4preview package in 8.5.x
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2017 05:45:14 GMT
+1 to remove the preview packages.

Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org>
2017 Sep 28 (Thu) 03:08
Tomcat Developers List <dev@tomcat.apache.org>
[PROPOSAL] Deprecate and eventually remove the o.a.c.servlet4preview package in 8.5.x

All,

I'd like to propose removing this for the following reasons:

1. Now the Servlet 4.0 spec is final, users can use Tomcat 9 for Servlet
4.0 features.

2. The preview is not complete and may be out of date in places.

3. I'm not aware of any user feedback so usage seems to be very low.

My proposal is to deprecate it now with the intention to remove it after
a year.

As an alternative is deprecate it now with the intention to remove it 1
year after the first stable 9.0.x release.

Thoughts? Comments? Questions?

Mark