tomcat-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: potential NPE on 8.5.13
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2017 14:09:13 GMT
thanks!


Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Blog
<https://blog-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com> | Old Blog
<http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | JavaEE Factory
<https://javaeefactory-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com>

2017-04-03 15:59 GMT+02:00 Violeta Georgieva <milesg78@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> 2017-03-31 0:06 GMT+03:00 Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com>:
> >
> > Seems it was it. TomEE is almost green with a "clean" 8.5.13.
> >
> > Only issue I got was: javax.management.ServiceNotFoundException: Cannot
> > find operation getLastAccessedTimestamp
> >
> > In a test we use JMX to get some meta about the sessions.
> >
> > Issue comes from that
> > commit
> org.apache.tomcat.util.modeler.ManagedBean#createOperationKey(java.lang.
> String,
> > java.lang.String[]) where the join value is not used and the signature
> with
> > a hook where the append would be done is not used as well.
>
> I believe this change below fixes this. The fix will be available in
> 8.5.14.
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1789941
>
> Regards,
> Violeta
>
> >
> > Romain Manni-Bucau
> > @rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Blog
> > <https://blog-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com> | Old Blog
> > <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <
> https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
> > LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | JavaEE Factory
> > <https://javaeefactory-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com>
> >
> > 2017-03-30 22:00 GMT+02:00 Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com>:
> >
> > > hmm, after a deeper check it seems it can be IDE related. I'll run
> tomee
> > > test suite this night with that upgrade (8.5.13), think it could have
> been
> > > due to a messy Idea cache. Will report tomorrow morning the results.
> Thanks
> > > Violeta to have pointed this bugzilla out, helped to see that.
> > >
> > >
> > > Romain Manni-Bucau
> > > @rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Blog
> > > <https://blog-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com> | Old Blog
> > > <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github
> > > <https://github.com/rmannibucau> | LinkedIn
> > > <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | JavaEE Factory
> > > <https://javaeefactory-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com>
> > >
> > > 2017-03-30 21:50 GMT+02:00 Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com>:
> > >
> > >> experienced it only on 8.5.13, 8.5.12 was working fine
> > >>
> > >>
> > >> Romain Manni-Bucau
> > >> @rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Blog
> > >> <https://blog-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com> | Old Blog
> > >> <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github
> > >> <https://github.com/rmannibucau> | LinkedIn
> > >> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | JavaEE Factory
> > >> <https://javaeefactory-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com>
> > >>
> > >> 2017-03-30 19:53 GMT+02:00 Violeta Georgieva <milesg78@gmail.com>:
> > >>
> > >>> Hi,
> > >>>
> > >>> 2017-03-30 20:41 GMT+03:00 Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com
> >:
> > >>> >
> > >>> > oops, hit enter too fast
> > >>> >
> > >>> > important detail: it is in a
> > >>> request.getRequestDispatcher("WEB-INF/test.jsp"
> > >>> > ).forward(request, response);
> > >>>
> > >>> Do you experience this with 8.5.12 (latest release) or 8.5.13
> (currently
> > >>> release that we vote)?
> > >>> We have a fix in 8.5.13 for an issue similar to what you describe.
> > >>> https://bz.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=60882
> > >>>
> > >>> Regards,
> > >>> Violeta
> > >>>
> > >>> >
> > >>> > Romain Manni-Bucau
> > >>> > @rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Blog
> > >>> > <https://blog-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com> | Old Blog
> > >>> > <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <
> > >>> https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
> > >>> > LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | JavaEE
> Factory
> > >>> > <https://javaeefactory-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com>
> > >>> >
> > >>> > 2017-03-30 19:40 GMT+02:00 Romain Manni-Bucau <
> rmannibucau@gmail.com
> >:
> > >>> >
> > >>> > > Hi guys,
> > >>> > >
> > >>> > > seems on the last release we can get a NPE we didnt get before.
> > >>> > >
> > >>> > > In org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationMapping#getServletMapping
> for
> > >>> case
> > >>> > > PATH pathInfo can be null so the toString() doesnt behave
very
> well.
> > >>> > >
> > >>> > > Got it with a @WebServlet("/foo/*")
> > >>> > >
> > >>> > > Romain Manni-Bucau
> > >>> > > @rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Blog
> > >>> > > <https://blog-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com> | Old Blog
> > >>> > > <http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github
> > >>> > > <https://github.com/rmannibucau> | LinkedIn
> > >>> > > <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | JavaEE
Factory
> > >>> > > <https://javaeefactory-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com>
> > >>> > >
> > >>>
> > >>
> > >>
> > >
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message