tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rémy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject NIO buffering
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2014 19:30:47 GMT
Hi,

I am not convinced by the NIO buffering that is used on output. Due to
concurrent access issues I couldn't use it in NIO 2, but then I cannot see
either what it does to justify using a more complex structure over a
simpler array list.

If the idea was to reuse buffers (which it doesn't), there is no option
except using a static buffer pool. Was that the original general idea
around this deque structure ?

Then the upgrade buffering is even more basic, but is probably not a
performance issue, the current code is likely fast enough since it is so
lightweight.

Rémy