tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Back-porting patches; margeinfo for svn-linked directories
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2014 21:35:19 GMT
> All,
>
> I've been back-porting some patches from Tomcat 8 to Tomcat 7 today, and
> I can see that I'm modifying the mergeinfo for things like:
>
> Sending        java/org/apache/tomcat/util/bcel
> Sending        java/org/apache/tomcat/util/codec
> Sending        java/org/apache/tomcat/util/http/fileupload
> Sending        webapps/examples/WEB-INF/classes/websocket/tc7
> Sending        webapps/examples/websocket-deprecated
>
> Since I'm not modifying any of those linked directories, should I
> "revert" them before committing? Or is it better to have the mergeinfo
> attached to those for some reason?

What is your svn client?

SVN 1.8 (TortoiseSVN 1.8) did not update those mergeinfos when I did a merge.
But it updated them when I did a "record only" merge.

Anyway I do not know of any harm from those mergeinfos. Both reverting
and non-reverting are OK with me.

BTW, TortoiseSVN released an update yesterday. (HTTPS clients such as
svn are vulnerable to heartbleed from rogue servers).

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko