tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Removal of author tags in trunk
Date Sat, 25 Jan 2014 07:35:21 GMT
On 01/24/2014 07:51 PM, Rainer Jung wrote:
> On 24.01.2014 17:24, Mladen Turk wrote:
>> On 01/24/2014 03:14 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
>>>
>>> If you have are for *your* @author tags to be removed from trunk, reply
>>> here and I'll make the changes.
>>>

>> Remove either all or none.
>
> - there's to many authors we won't reach

Yes, that was my point. We can all decide to remove our
individual @author tag, but those folks we cannot reach will
eventually stay as the sole authors of the given code.

> - anyone is free to remove his own author tags

Is there anything that prevents us to decide to remove
all @authors tags from our entire codebase?
AFAICT most of the people are fine with removing their tags, so
in case we can do that, I see no reason to go trough individual process.

Regards
--
^TM