tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Niki Dokovski <nick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: setting handler in AbstractEndpont
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2013 19:06:48 GMT
On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 9:52 PM, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:

> On 08/10/2013 19:46, Niki Dokovski wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Is there a good reason why AbstractEndpoint in coyote does not have an
> > association with Handler through an abstract getter and setter? All
> > concrete implementations of AbstractEndpoint
> > [AprEndpoint,JIoEndpoint,NioEndpoint] provide a getter and a setter of a
> > AbstractEndpoint.Handler
>
> No they don't. The getters and setters use the endpoint specific Handler.

Yep that's true. Just spotted that in all of the Protocols implementations
[Http11AprProtocol, Http11NioProtocol and Http11Protocol] there is
duplication of the initialization of the handler in the constructors, so I
though of some potential options for cleanup.

What I am doing is to go through the coyote code and try to get a better
understanding of it by providing yet another "dummy" protocol
implementation. :)