tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1530081 - /tomcat/trunk/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/net/AprEndpoint.java
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2013 08:52:39 GMT
On 10/10/2013 08:56, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 09/10/2013 22:48, Konstantin Prei├čer wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately, it seems there are some new problems when using the NIO connector
 :(

> Not unfortunate at all. This is all very useful feedback.
>
>> (though I do not think they affect a 8.0.0-RC4 release).
>> I was testing the current trunk with NIO connector on Windows with 64-Bit Java and
I tried to open the Drawboard example and there press F5 for several times on different computers.

>> 1) Sometimes I get following exceptions:
>>
>> 09-Oct-2013 23:11:28.069 SEVERE [http-nio-8783-exec-8] org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process
Error reading request, ignored
>>  java.lang.IllegalStateException: Message will not be sent because the WebSocket
session has been closed
>> 	at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.WsRemoteEndpointImplBase.writeMessagePart(WsRemoteEndpointImplBase.java:292)
>
> Fixed (purely on code inspection - I haven't tested this yet).
>
>> 2) What is a bit more severe is that sometimes after pressing F5 a lot of times,
Firefox cannot establish a Websocket connection or make another HTTP request to Tomcat.

I can't reproduce this. It is possible that the fix for 1 also fixed
this. Can you test?

What I did see was that with a lot of refreshes, Firefox ended up with
two connections open when it should only have had one. Closing the
browser fixed that.

Mark