tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Ognjen Blagojevic <ognjen.d.blagoje...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 7.0.45
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2013 22:07:16 GMT
On 26.9.2013 22:54, Konstantin Prei├čer wrote:
>> I wanted to know if the same crash would be observed in APR/AJP because
>> it's slightly easier for me to enable that and test against it in my
>> environment (which is not win32 but Linux). There's little information
>> in the win32 native backtrace that I can decipher as well as something
>> from a Linux backtrace. The less work I have to do to reproduce the
>> better ;)
>
> I now tried Tomcat 7.0.45 with Native 1.1.28 and AJP-APR-Connector, with IIS 8.0 using
ISAPI Redirector 1.2.37 on WinSvr 2012 64-bit, and I indeed get the same crashes again - however
only, when I add connectionTimeout="20000" to the AJP connector in server.xml. Otherwise,
it doesn't crash, but for some requests Tomcat never sends a response. It seems the crash
happens when Tomcat wants to close the TCP connection after the connection timeout.

I now installed httpd-2.4.6-x64-vc11.zip binary from ApacheHaus, and
configured mod_ajp_proxy. Everything works ok when I access port 80
(httpd -> mod_ajp_proxy -> ajp-apr on Tomcat). But, as earlier, when I
try port 8080 (http-apr on Tomcat) it crashes after few minutes.

I tried with and without connectionTimeout parameter for AJP connector,
and it works ok both ways. Which is expected, since response times are
really short.

-Ognjen