tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Tomcat Wiki] Update of "LocalBadContent" by ChuckCaldarale
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2013 21:54:23 GMT
On 18/03/2013 21:46, Apache Wiki wrote:
> Dear Wiki user,
>
> You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Tomcat Wiki" for change notification.
>
> The "LocalBadContent" page has been changed by ChuckCaldarale:

I've raised it before and folks weren't interested but I think it is
time to consider [1] again.

I'll note that while the spammers entries to the wiki get removed pretty
quickly (thanks Chunk) their content is in our mail archive which is
indexed all over the place so their aim has already been achieved even
if we remove the content from the Wiki. I'd really like to put a stop to
this abuse of our Wiki.

Mark

[1]
http://wiki.apache.org/general/OurWikiFarm#per_wiki_access_control_-_tighten_your_wiki_just_a_little.2C_benefit_just_a_lot