tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Updated procrun binaries
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2009 18:51:54 GMT
Konstantin Kolinko wrote:

>>> so -win32-x86-native, -win32-x64 and -win32-ia64 would make perfect
>>> sense.
>>>
>> Fine with me.
>>

> "32" in "-win32-x64" looks odd.

Right win64-x64 would make more sense.

> In the /bin folder there is now a /bin/procrun subfolder,
> that contains
> /bin/procrun/amd64/ and /bin/procrun/ia64/
> subfolders with a tomcat6.exe file in each of them.
>
> If we remain with this, there is no need to create separate zips
> that Mladen proposed.

The main point is to create a separate .zip
files that user can directly uncompress inside existing tomcat layout
without worrying to copy files from /bin/procrun/amd64 to /bin.
Also we constantly point our users to download files from SVN (?)
and do manual replacement of files.

Regards
--
^(TM)