tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r784083 - in /tomcat/trunk: java/org/apache/catalina/ java/org/apache/catalina/core/ java/org/apache/naming/resources/ webapps/docs/config/
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2009 15:29:22 GMT
Tim Funk wrote:

> Typo:

I'll fix that.

> 1) Does the adding and removing of aliases need to be thread safe? Using
> ConcurrentHashMap<String,BaseDirContext> instead of
> HashMap<String,BaseDirContext>

I don't think so. It only gets called once when the context is first
initialised which is single threaded. It doesn't even get called on re-load.

If we make DirContext configuration more dynamic then, yes we'd need to
look at this and probably a whole bunch of other stuff.

> 2) For public void addAlias(String path, BaseDirContext dirContext) {
> Do we want to disallow / as the path? Or let the foot shooting be allowed?

We let people use it for docBase so I'm happy to let them do the same here.

> 3) public void setAliases(String theAliases)
> If the file is not a directory (or does not exist) - we should do
> something.

I'll add some more error trapping.

Thanks for the feedback.

Mark