tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Going for jk 1.2.28
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 08:40:35 GMT
On 05.03.2009 07:50, Mladen Turk wrote:
> Rainer Jung wrote:
>>
>> Do you want to do the next steps, or should I?
>>

> BTW, I'd like that we this time use the common
> httpd 2.0 and 2.2 versions for producing the
> binaries. For 2.0 I'd suggest 2.0.52 (or 2.0.49)
> and for 2.2 version 2.2.3.
> For 1.3, 1.3.23 should be fine.
>
> All later versions have the same ABI so this
> would fit into the majority of httpd deployments.

In theory for the platforms which use configure, one should add the
--enable-api-compatibility switch to configure. This will activate
defines in the mod_jk.c to not use post GA ABI features, even if the
httpd you are building against has them. So that's a distribution build
switch.

I used it for my 1.2.27 builds. The fact that I'm still adding the used
httpd info to the binaries file names is more like double safety net.

Since the configure switch seems to work pretty well, and the httpd MMN
versioning is very strict, we could drop that info from the file names,
and simply put it into the text displayed below the file list, including
the info, that the binaries should work with all httpd versions starting
from ....

I'll have another look at the MMN history, especially for 2.0 (for 2.2
this will work very well).

Regards,

Rainer