tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Deprecate JDBCRealm
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2008 15:35:24 GMT
On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 16:03 +0100, Mark Thomas wrote:
> All,
>
> Given the level of synchronisation required to make this Realm work and
> that fixing the various issues essentially gives you the DataSourceRealm I
> would like to propose deprecating this realm in 6.0.x and removing it
> entirely from trunk.
>
> Thoughts?

Configuration is simpler than the one for the DS realm ...

Overall this latest change does not really add that much sync. At its
core, it has only one connection, so obviously concurrency is non
existent during authentication (but the principal is cached, so I am not
sure it is a bottleneck in many cases).

Rémy