tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Nuno Rodrigues" <confusionval...@netcabo.pt>
Subject Tomcat Applications heap
Date Mon, 25 Dec 2006 13:01:41 GMT
Hello all,

Some time ago I asked here how I should create a fault-loader to inject
faults in Tomcat's JVM and some people advised me to do a ContextListener
class that should create resource consumption (consume Memory, File
Descriptors, Database Connections, etc).

My doubt was between doing this ContextListener or appending the code
directly into Tomcat's source code. I realized that the ContextListener was
easier to implement but now I'm having some problems because when I make
memory consumption I'm having an OutOfMemory Error in the application. To
say the truth, Tomcat doesn't crash but the application does! It crashes
when the JVM is in 600 Mb of heap consumption and the JVM max is set to 1
Gb. If I make requests to other applications in the server it works
perfectly. Is there any maximum heap size for the applications inside
tomcat? Anyone has a good idea about this?

Cheers,

Nuno