tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6.0.1 alpha
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 21:35:54 GMT
Hi,
I understand what Bill is saying.  Let's talk specifics to see what we missed.

We had a poll on this public mailing list to decide on a time and date
to cut 6.0.1.  We agreed on a time/date, and cut the release then.  We
announced here that the release was available and said we'd have a
stability vote in one week.  The release was tentatively rated as
alpha by the release manager.  After a week, we had the stability
vote, and decided the release is indeed alpha and not more stable.  We
also decided to cut 6.0.2 next.

What did we miss?  Was it a formal announcement to users@tomcat.a.o
about 6.0.1 stability?  Was it formally marking the 6.0.1 time/date
poll as a voting thread and posting its results?

Yoav